Same password for multiple related websites

Options
Flyer7
Flyer7
Community Member

Hello!

I have a question about the "reused password" notification in 1password and how I can apply that to using the same log in for multiple but related websites that use a common log in.

Specifically, in Canada the Postmedia Network owns the Calgary Herald, the National Post, and the Financial Post. They are different websites, but use the same log-in.

Using the "Related Items" I've linked the Calgary Herald and the National Post, but it still shows the "reused password" notification.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a similar question, but I couldn't find it in the search.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.3 (70803004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 7.8.3
OS Version: Mac OS 11.2.3 Big Sur
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Same password for multiple related websites

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hi @Flyer7!

Have you considered using multiple URLs in a single Login item? There was a similar discussion in the forum some time ago which I think you might find helpful (I also posted a screenshot there of how this would look like in a Login item).

• Flyer7
    Flyer7
    Community Member
    Options

Yes! That did it! Thank you - I knew it would be something simple, but I couldn't see it.

Your link to the previous discussion was super helpful. The multiple URL's for a single log in makes sense, and after putting them all in one entry (and deleting the others), I got rid of the "reused password" notification.

May I ask then, how would one use the "Related Items" feature properly?

Thanks for solving my issue!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flyer7:

Yes! That did it! Thank you

You are very welcome :) I am glad I could help.

May I ask then, how would one use the "Related Items" feature properly?

I think this is subjective, the feature is flexible enough that you can use it how you think is more useful, there isn't a right way to use it. I use it a lot personally when I want to link an item with a document, or for banking information. For example, to link my Passport item with the scan of my Passport, or to link my Bank Account entry with my debit card and online bank account entries, which are separate in 1Password.

• Flyer7
    Flyer7
    Community Member
    Options

Ahh, I see! I understand, thanks for that info.

Thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @Flyer7! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.