Open & fill fails: URL opened, but credentials not filled

Dear support team,

When using the open&fill functionality from the 1password app, the URL is opened, but my credentials aren't filled in. This is the case for my current 1Password version and the last (and first) stable release, for both Firefox-ESR (installed by default) and my main browser firefox-nightly. This has been an issue for at least a week now.

I do notice that a '?XX[...]X=YY[...]Y' is added to to the URL, which I guess could be to communicate with the 1password extension? 'XX[...]X' and 'YY[...]Y' are strings of 25 alfanumerical characters, XX[...]X seems to be totally random every time open&fill is called, and YY[...]Y seems to be an identifier for the website or entry in the 1password vault (it's the same between open&fill calls of the same 1password entry).

In my Firefox browsers, I've got some extensions installed, but disabling these does not resolve the issue.

Do you have an idea what could be the problem here?

Cheers!

Tobias


1Password Version: 80100006 BETA
Extension Version: 1.24.2
OS Version: Debian 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

  • BlakeBlake

    Team Member

    Hi @tobiasvd 👋

    Could you confirm that browser integration is still enabled in the desktop app? To check, click your account name in the top-left corner of the 1Password for Linux, then click Settings, and switch to the Security tab. We'll want to ensure that Share information with 1Password in your browser is enabled.

    If everything looks good there, could you please zip up your logs folder, and attach it in an email to [email protected] for me? You can find that folder at .config/1Password/logs

  • Hi @Blake,

    Thanks for your response. I actually started a topic too quickly, as I got a reply on my e-mail shortly after starting the topic.

    The browser integration was enabled, the issue turned out to be in the 1Password Firefox extension's latest stable release. Switching to the beta release channel resolved the issue. I hope @Dayton doesn't mind me quoting his answer here:

    "I got in touch with the team that works on the browser extension, and they told me that due to a change they've made to how Go & Fill functions internally, this has caused some issues in the stable version of the browser extension in Firefox. They're currently working on bringing a fix for the stable version of the extension, but you can skip the wait by jumping on the beta version of the extension, which did resolve the issue for me."

    Thanks for all the help, looking forward to more functionality in the app!

    Tobias

  • BlakeBlake

    Team Member

    Glad to hear that Dayton was able to get to the bottom of things with you via email!

    Feel free to reach back out to us at any point in the future with any other questions you might have, we're here for you! 💙

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file