Login issues with browser extension update (Chrome)

Options

It seems that the 1Password extension in my browser (Chrome) updated this morning. It gave me a notice talking about it's new features. However, now I can no longer sign-in to the 1Password extension in my browser. I am also unable to sign-into the desktop application.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the extension and restarted my computer and Double checked the Chrome and 1Passwprd versions. No luck.
I am still able to sign into the website and the app on my android phone.
Does anyone have any suggested remedies? This is incredibly inconvenient since I use the browser extension all the time.
Thanks for your help!

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: 2.0.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CloudMike
    CloudMike
    Community Member
    Options

Same here with the updated 2.0 Chrome Extension! Running the latest version of Chrome (Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)). Able to successfully login using a different browser (Edge Chromium with running 1Password – Password Manager Version 1.24.2) running the previous version without issue.

Seems like a pretty harry BUG!

Looking for some official feedback ASAP.

Thanks in advance

• cnicoulter
    cnicoulter
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue as well. Updated to 2.0.0 today, a pop up opened up for me too listing all the new features but now my Chrome extension for 1Password doesn't recognize my master password, says it's wrong every time yet I can log in on my phone just fine with the same password. I even entered it in a word doc to ensure it was correct and copy/pasted as suggested by 1Pass's help info and that still didn't work. Have also uninstalled/reinstalled extension, even changed the password and it's still not recognized. Seems that there is in fact a bug with the Chrome extension. I use it all day for work and personal use so this is extremely inconvenient. TIA for attention to this 1Password! I love this app and have never had any issues in the years that I've used it so today I sort of feel lost ha!

• KenBergquist
    KenBergquist
    Community Member
    Options

I have three machines. All have latest Chrome (Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (x86_64)) and 1P extension (2.0). One machine, having version 7.8.3 of the desktop app works as expected. Two others have App version 7.8.4 and 1Password In The Browser is not working as expected, either by clicking the icon or key shortcut. I have gotten it to respond, but once you enter the password, nothing happens. Selecting a username/password field in a form results in

Clicking does nothing.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021
    Options

Hey Guys,
    Thanks for reporting this! We're investigating this bug as we speak.

If you'd like to help us, feel free to send us the following via email:

Send it to support+x@1password.com.

If you need a quick fix, here's how to get things working again:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings".
    2. In the settings page, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option.

Alternatively, you can try removing the extension and reinstalling it, which may get things working with the integration enabled.

• Thomas2
    Thomas2
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, is there any update already on this issue? It still does not work, also not after reinstalling it. Thanks

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Thomas2 ,

Yes, we've found the issue resides in the 1Password desktop app. If the desktop app was not opened for a long while or if you changed your Master Password/Secret Key at some point and didn't launch the desktop app since, then the extension won't be able to open or be unlocked properly.

You can regain functionality by disabling the integration between the extension and the desktop app:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings". If you don't see a 1Password icon there, it may be hiding in the grey puzzle piece icon in that area.
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly in the browser.

If that worked, we may need to reset your 1Password desktop app, like so:

1. Log into your account at https://my.1password.com and make sure that all your data is there and nothing is missing. We're going to reset the desktop app and delete everything from it, so this is your backup source.
    2. Once you made sure everything is there and stored safely in your 1Password.com account, reset your 1Password desktop app like so: https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/
    3. After resetting the desktop app, open it and re-add your 1Password.com account to it. After a few moments all of your data will show up back inside the app and it will now be able to integrate with your browser.
    4. Go into 1Password's settings page in the browser and turn on the "Integrate with 1Password app" and see if everything is working as expected.
  • Thomas2
    Thomas2
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, works well again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Thomas2! And on behalf of Yaron, you are welcome :)

• PeteD
    PeteD
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks to Yaron who apparently worked through the long weekend to resolve this issue. Back in business on Chrome!!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're glad to hear it @PeteD . :chuffed: :+1:

• ktrojok
    ktrojok
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have the same issue .. a corporate vault and a family vault, both registered to the browser plugin. It only accepts the corporate master password and does not unlock the family account any more. Before yesterday's update, I could lock manually and unlock the other vault with the entry of the matching master password to the accoridgin vault.

My workaround it to use the desktop app for the family vaults.

kind regards
    Konrad

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ktrojok ,
    That does not quite sound like the same issue.

If you go into the extension's settings in your browser, then scroll to the bottom of the settings page, do you see both accounts listed there? Or does only the corporate account show up?

If you turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option in the settings page, do you regain the functionality you previously had?

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member
    Options

As soon as I activate "integrated with app" in chrome extension settings, it takes ~ 1 minute to unlock. Without the integration, it is instant. Should I reset desktop from scratch as well?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes @girtsn ,
    That sounds like the correct solution here. :+1:

Just make sure that all your data is indeed present in your accounts via our web app before resetting the desktop app to avoid data loss. The data that is presented in your web app is your source of truth.

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately still takes ~ 1 minute to load the extension after the reset

• hoofr
    hoofr
    Community Member
    Options

The extension in Chrome and Firefox is not accepting my password. The above fix does not resolve the issue.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for testing it @girtsn .

Can you please grab the extension's log while it is stuck on "Loading" and send it over to us via email to support+x@1password.com ? Write a short description of the issue and add a link to this discussion and we'll investigate this further as soon as we can.

Hey @hoofr .
    Are you able to unlock the extension if you turn off the integration in its settings?

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings". If you don't see a 1Password icon there, it may be hiding in the grey puzzle piece icon in that area.
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly in the browser.
  • hoofr
    hoofr
    Community Member
    Options

unable to - Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there. its not an option

• hoofr
    hoofr
    Community Member
    Options

the option is greyed out and locked

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hoofr Are you able to log into your 1Password account on our website? https://my.1password.com
    Is all your data and passwords there? If so, please try uninstalling the 1Password desktop app from your computer, then see if you can disable that feature: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-1password/

• hoofr
    hoofr
    Community Member
    Options

next option?

• hoofr
    hoofr
    Community Member
    Options

I uninstalled. Still cannot disable feature. Its locked

• hoofr
    hoofr
    Community Member
    Options

phone support to get this resolved?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't currently offer phone support, but you can email us if you'd like. However, I suggest we keep going here if possible, just try and write all of your replies in one single message for order's sake :)

Can you please take a screenshot of that setting when it is greyed out/unusable? I'd like to see what we're dealing with here. Just make sure not to reveal in your screenshot any passwords or other identifiable personal information.

Here's what it looks like on my end:

• pfse
    pfse
    Community Member
    Options

The new updates are horrible. The extension in Chrome and Firefox is not accepting my password. The above fix does not resolve the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pfse:

Sorry to hear this! Have you sent us the logs as per Yaron's instructions above already?

• pfse
    pfse
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana yes, I just emailed support with the diagnostics

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pfse:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: GDV-14178-847

• girtsn
    girtsn
    Community Member
    Options

The issue went away after the reset of desktop client + reboot of pc (reboot was the missing part), thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @girtsn !

This discussion has been closed.