1p 2.0.0 for Brave don't suggest generating a password

Hey, I've noticed that the latest Brave (Chrome) 2.0.0 extension don't suggest generating a password in the extension, in comparison with e.g. Firefox 2.0.1. Both browsers are configured in the same way. When I click the password field there is "generate a password" option in the drop-down menu, but I'd like to have this in the extension as well (it's easier to e.g. change the length or password type).

Pictures below.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @namiaro ,

I'm trying to reproduce what you are showing here in Brave but it seems to work correctly for me:

Have you tried restarting Brave and/or removing 1Password and reinstalling it? Looks like a temporary glitch to me.
    The extension should be identical in all browsers and function the same.

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member

Hey, thanks for the reply, weird things are happening:

1. Problem I've encountered and described above was on 2.0.0 stable, tested on both stable and beta versions of Brave browser (clean profiles and no other add-ons)
    2. I've installed 1p Brave extension 2.0.0 beta and it works correctly. Also tested on both stable and beta versions of Brave browsers.

I hadn't really given this much thought, I've installed stable since to me it seemed that they are the same extensions.

At the time being, both beta and stable 1p extensions are v2.0.0 according to Chrome web store description.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the additional info @namiaro !
    You are correct, the stable version does not show the generator in the popup while the beta does.

The good news is that everything in the beta will reach the stable version in the next update, so that should work correctly then.
    Do feel free to let us know here if the next stable version still behaves like that and we'll investigate as needed! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.