Can't access my vaults after upgrading to 2.x extension on Chrome

rolette
rolette
Community Member
edited May 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

After the 1Password in Chrome was upgraded to 2.0.1 this morning, I can no longer access my vaults. If I go into the 1Password browser extension settings, it shows my home account as "Locked", but no indication of why or how to unlock it.

If I log directly into my 1Password account on the web, all of my vaults and their entries are there and nothing looks amiss.

I never use Edge, but fired it up to test. Installed 1Password extension there (v1.24.2), and it has access to my vaults just fine. Installed Firefox + 1Password 2.0.1. That also works for accessing my vaults.

Looks to be just Chrome + 1Password that has the issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @rolette ,

The latest version of 1Password in the browser now connects to the 1Password desktop app. If you haven't used or opened your desktop app in a long while, it may be using an older/outdated Master Password or Secret Key.

The quick fix here would be to go into 1Password's settings in your browser and turn off the integration:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of Chrome and select "Settings".
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly.
  • rolette
    rolette
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_yaron. Tech support got back to me with suggestions along the same line. No issues with Master Password or Secret Key being out of sync, but disabling the "Integrate with 1Password" option did get things working in the browser again.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear it @rolette .

If turning off the integration feature worked, it does indicate an issue with the 1Password desktop app that is installed on your computer. If you do not use it at all, I recommend uninstalling it from your computer to avoid this issue from re-occurring again in the future.

In case you do want to have the desktop app around, we should reset it and re-add your 1Password.com account again to get it properly synced up (and have the integration feature working).

This discussion has been closed.