The Latest Chrome/Windows Update Broke 1Password on Chrome

Options
damong
damong
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

When I click on a password field that is saved in 1Password or when I click on a password field in a signup form, I get the new popunder with the Open 1Password button.

Clicking on the button sometimes (probably on the first attempt to open after restarting) lets me unlock 1Password, but it never populates the password.

Subsequent attempts to open 1Password opens the popunder with the Open 1Password button. However, the button doesn't do anything now.

The extension icon in the browser bar shows the locked icon. Clicking the icon does nothing.

Even with 1Password presumably unlocked in the minutes after getting the first unlock, 1Password doesn't fill out passwords and it doesn't suggest passwords when creating a new login.

I've tried on several different sites so the problem seems to be with 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.7.805
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 2004
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @damong ,
    Are you still experiencing this issue after the latest update to the extension?

If so, can you please try disabling the integration in the extension's settings:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings". If you don't see a 1Password icon there, it may be hiding in the grey puzzle piece icon in that area.
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly in the browser.

Does that help?

• damong
    damong
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That works for me now.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it! We included what we believe to be the fix in the current 1Password for Windows beta. As long as things go as planned, the fix should be making it to the stable version very soon. Keep an eye out for future updates. :)

This discussion has been closed.