Issues with extension in Chrome and Opera

Options
dangit
dangit
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Since the very recent upgrade, I've been having issues.
I am using Chrome and Opera (I know Opera is basically Chrome) with the same issues.
1. I use a shortcut (Ctrl+Period) to start 1Password. Pressing the shortcut now sometimes takes 4-6 tries before it opens 1Password.
2. Ctrl+Period brings up [Wheel] Loading.... which never finishes loading.
3. Today, I hit Escape and the Loading message went away then immediately worked when I typed my Ctrl+period shortcut again.
4. I don't remember if I've tried clicking the extension icon instead, or if doing so creates the same issues.
5. It does not always not work. Sometimes it asks for my password immediately.

Once it's going, it seems to run fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: Win 10 latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dangit ,

Sounds like the extension is having troubles connecting to the 1Password desktop app that is installed on your computer. Can you please try disabling that connection and see if the extension works better:

1. Right click the 1Password extension icon in the top right corner of your browser and select "Settings". If you don't see a 1Password icon there, it may be hiding in the grey puzzle piece icon in that area.
    2. Turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option there.
    3. Test and see if you are now able to unlock 1Password properly in the browser.
  • passwordsbeegone
    passwordsbeegone
    Community Member
    Options

This has happened to me a couple times with Edge and Brave since the updates. It's nice to know there's a fix, but this is a significant issue for users who are not savvy enough to check the forum for a fix.

• @passwordsbeegone

We're working on getting updates out to everyone as soon as possible. I'm sorry for any delays. Email support is also another alternative for users needing assistance.

This discussion has been closed.