Fidelity Netbenfits Login Always Prompts to Save Login

Whenever I log into my Fidelity Netbenfits account via the following URL I get a "Save Login" dialog from 1Password prompting me to either create or update a login item despite the fact that my login credentials and URL have not changed.

https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home

This wasn't always the case but I don't remember when this behavior started happening. I don't get the "Save Login" dialog if I log in directly to the Fidelity website at https://www.fidelity.com. The only difference I can see is that the Netbefits login page obscures my username while the standard Fidelity login doesn't. Evidently whatever method is being used to obscure my username is tricking 1Password into thinking that I've entered a completely new set of login credentials.

Is this a know problem or is there a setting in 1Password to tell it to ignore a login field when it tries to determine whether to save or update login credentials?

1Password Version: 7.8.2
Extension Version: 7.8.2
OS Version: OS X 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:netbenefits

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2021

Hey @s_kawalko ,

I tested the link you provided and saw the issue. When you input your email into the field on that website, the website automatically changes it to mostly asterisks (e.g. if you input myemail@email.com, it will change it to ***********.com).

So when you try to log in, 1Password compares the credentials in the fields to the ones that your login item entry in 1Password has, and if there's a difference, 1Password will ask if you'd like to update your existing login or create a new one with these different set of credentials. If you let 1Password update your existing login or create a new one, it will save the asterisks into the username field, which is not something you want.

The main page of Fidelity does not do that so no issues there (or in any other website for that matter).
    The solution here would be to add that website's domain to 1Password's exclusion list so 1Password will know to ignore it from now on:

1. Open and unlock the 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and select "Preferences".
    3. In the preferences window that pops up, Select the "Browsers" tab.
    4. In the big empty text box near the bottom, paste the following domain: nb.fidelity.com
    5. Close the preferences window and try to log into the website, see if 1Password still asks to save/update the login.
This discussion has been closed.