Secure notes sorting not persistent

Platypus70
Platypus70
Community Member
edited May 2021 in Mac

Sorting Secure Notes by Title Alphabetically switches to by Title Alphabetically Reversed when revisiting the category after reopening the app.

All other Categories seem unaffected, so this seems only an issue with the notes.

1Password Version: 7.8.4
Extension Version: 2.0.1
OS Version: OS 11.4
Sync Type: 1PW

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Platypus70!

How are you closing and reopening the app? I have just tested it here in 1Password for Mac, and the sort order remained the same for me even after relaunching 1Password.

• Platypus70
    Platypus70
    Community Member

Hi, thank you for your answer. This is what I do:

1) Sort notes alphabetically
    2) Close desktop app either via command-w, command-q, or clicking the red cross
    3) Reopen app by clicking the 1PW dock icon (thus not touching the open browser extension and toolbar)
    --> Notes now sorted alphabetically reversed

It replicates on 2 different computers.

I also now found that it does not even rely on closing the app. Switching back and forth between 2 different Vaults also causes the sorting order to be reversed.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Platypus70:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have tested this again and I could not reproduce it. I have tested it also with switching vaults, not just with quitting the app, and the behavior was the same: when I got back to the Secure Notes section, the sort order was still "Alphabetically". Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• Platypus70
    Platypus70
    Community Member

Completely quitting 1PW did not resolve it at first. However, completely quitting 1PW applications on both my computers simultaneously did. So now it seems all good – thanks.

(P.S. for the record: different sorting orders (e.g., Date Modified) also flipped back when the issue was ocurring).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Platypus70! I am glad to hear that things are working as expected once again :)

This discussion has been closed.