Disable 1Password mini

Options

Hi
Please make it possible to completely disable 1Password mini (in the preferences)
I don't need it and frequently the app hangs when starting up because of 1Password mini
The experience was better before
Thanks!
Kind regards
D

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @druflin ,

Can you please elaborate on what exactly do you mean here? What is your setup exactly? Are you on a Mac? Windows? Which browser are you using? Which extension are you using? What/where/when does mini show up and how does it bother you?

Feel free to attach screenshots of the issue just make sure to censor out any personal details/passwords as this is a public forum.

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Not sure the intent of the OP, but I'd also like to know if there's a way to disable 1Password mini on Windows.

It just doesn't provide easy access to usernames, passwords, and one-time codes as does the full app (in mini, they're buried in a right-click, cascading menu). I rather just open the full app.

Or…update 1Password mini to have a split-pane view just like the macOS version, where you can copy a username or password with a single click.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bikr:

Are you on a Mac or Windows computer?

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

Both, hence the request for 1Password to work consistently across platforms.

I mainly use macOS, but do use a Windows machine from time to time. At those times I find 1Password mini for Windows to be extremely frustrating due to the clunkiness of copying usernames, passwords, and one-time codes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bikr:

More consistency is indeed something that our developers are working on ;)

This discussion has been closed.