To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What's the latest 1Password (standalone) version available for Windows 8.1?

Luca01
Luca01
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Memberships

Unfortunately my MacBook Pro is being fixed for a battery issue, so for the next couple months I'll have to use and old laptop running Windows 8.1 .
I want to keep using 1Password on it, but since my data on the Mac is in the OTP format (standalone 1Password 7 license), I don't know if there's a standalone version on 1Password for Windows 8.1 that is compatible with that format.
Thanks in advance for your help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Luca01 👋

1Password 7 for Windows is compatible with the same dataset used by 1Password 7 for Mac. That said, licenses are per-platform only -- meaning that you'd need to purchase a license for 1Password for Windows, as your Mac license wouldn't be valid.

That said, using a 1Password Membership sounds like it might be the best way forward here for you. If you're interested, send us an email at support@1password.com and we'd love to help you get setup with one! 😊

https://support.1password.com/explore/membership/

• Luca01
    Luca01
    Community Member

@Blake Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I already received a message from the 1Password support email suggesting that, as an alternative, I could still access my 1Password data on my iPhone with the iOS app (synced through Dropbox), while I wait for my Mac to be repaired.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is indeed another option @Luca01, if you also have access to a mobile device :+1:

This discussion has been closed.