[Feature Request] Option to include/exclude domain with a username

brjohnson18656
brjohnson18656
Community Member

I often have the issue that I use a Single Sign-On account for multiple locations, like a Microsoft Active Directory account, and the different locations have different requirements for how the username and domain are formatted. Some use the familiar "username@domain.com", others use the dated styling "domain\username", and yet others require the username only and fail if the domain is included.

My current solution is to create a Login for each style, but this has its own problems; 1Password detects a password being reused, and I have to change the password three times any time it is changed.

I think it would be helpful to create something in the contextual GUI, the one that shows up when clicking on the 1Password icon in a text box, to allow the domain to be appended to the username as needed when you select the login to be used, or something of this nature. Accordingly, domain fields would need to be created and filled in the Login template, or these could be sourced from the website fields, provided 1Password uses logic that can convert "domain.com" into "domain\" and prepend it to the username.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

HI @brjohnson18656!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

This discussion has been closed.