How to prevent several suggestions ?

Options

Hello,

When I connect to my Home server, 1password always suggests me several credentials:

I'm not sure why. All those credentials are for websites that are from my domain name:
adguard.mydomain.name , pfsense.mydomain.name , etc..

But for every credential in 1password I've set only one domain name, the corresponding one.

I hope I've described clearly enough my problem. Why can I do to avoid this problem ?

Kind regards,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2021
    Options

@bilan

1Password will match the domain, however it will not match the subdomain.

edit: I have passed on your wish to have subdomains used.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Hi,

I'm not sure I've understood correctly. You mean there is no solution ? 1password will match the domain, so if I have different credentials on different subdomains, it will always suggest me all credentials on all subdomain login pages ?

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

I think it's an old and known problem, as I came across this 1year old thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/glj116/will_1pass_ever_get_proper_subdomain_matching/

It looks like with the popup windows I get the right suggestion. Also with 1password. But not the autofill.
    Maybe it's technically impossible ?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bilan ,

1Password first looks at the base domain and gathers all logins associated with that domain. Then, it orders them according to this logic:

• Logins that are marked as favorites and that have the same base domain are shown first in the list of suggestions.
    • Logins that match the base domain + sub-domain are shown second.
    • Logins that only match with the base domain are shown last.

We do plan on expanding 1Password's matching with new capabilities as there are quite a few features requests on that front, but for now if there are specific logins that you use more often than others, using favorites is a great way to help them stand out and show up first in the list of suggestions.

• bilan
    bilan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Yes, with Bitwarden we can choose what/how we want the match:

So, including the host (subdomain).
    Also the regex. I know regex it's something requested since long time by 1password users. Any ETA ? Even on beta version

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No ETA for now @bilan .
    Thanks for the additional info!

This discussion has been closed.