Auto Lock after Never

Options
sasilk
sasilk
Community Member

Currently we have, under Auto Lock, the options 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5,10 etc up to 1 hour. Please, for those of us who have difficulty trying to type our master password on the tiny iPhone or Android keyboards, provide an Auto Lock after Never option. The app's protected by the phone being locked - it doesn't need to be locked again.

Thank you for your spam block, because I happen to have more than 1 suggestion at a time. So friendly and inviting of participation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Currently we have, under Auto Lock, the options 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5,10 etc up to 1 hour. Please, for those of us who have difficulty trying to type our master password on the tiny iPhone or Android keyboards, provide an Auto Lock after Never option. The app's protected by the phone being locked - it doesn't need to be locked again.

You can significantly minimize the requirements for Master Password entry, but there is no way to avoid it entirely. I believe you can improve your experience with 1Password for iOS by adjusting your settings:

• Turn on either Face ID or Touch ID in 1Password under Settings > Security
    • Turn off Settings > Security > Lock on Exit
    • Turn on Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen [I realize this one may sound counterintuitive but what it does is allows 1Password to handle the Password AutoFill unlock process instead of iOS]
    • Set Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password to 'never'

Additionally please make sure after the phone restarts that you're opening and unlocking the 1Password app before trying to use autofill. Otherwise you won't be able to unlock autofill with biometrics.

Thank you for your spam block, because I happen to have more than 1 suggestion at a time. So friendly and inviting of participation.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. It does occasionally get in the way of legitimate posts, but it also does an incredibly good job of keeping spam off the forum. The good outweighs the bad here, I'm afraid. That said, I do apologize it tripped you up.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.