1Password Extension in Safari

jwklinck
jwklinck
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been having trouble with the 1Password extension in Safari. The icon shows up at the top of the browser, but it will not respond to anything when you click on it. I have to go outside the browser and open the full app to find any passwords or log on. It is causing the intro enter password (for 1Password) when I go to a site, and it says click to enter the password but if you click on it nothing happens.

Safari Version is: Version 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4)
MacOS Big Sur Version 11.4
Computer: iMac Pro (2017)
1Password Version: 1Password 7
Version 7.8.5 (70805000)
Mac App Store

Any ideas on how to fix this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jwklinck

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having in Safari. Can you try the following and let me know if it resolves the issue for you?

1. Quit 1Password completely by holding Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar beside the  logo.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes, I'm here to help.

• jwklinck
    jwklinck
    Community Member

Thanks. That seemed to correct things.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Chantelle, you are welcome @jwklinck! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Ranu
    Ranu
    Community Member

Hi, I am having the same problem (on two of my Macs). The above steps fix it, but then it'll happen again in a day or two's time. Is there a permanent fix for this? I shouldn't have to keep quitting two of my most used apps to keep 1password working.
    Any ideas?
    Jonathan

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Ranu – You shouldn't be needing to perform those troubleshooting steps often, by any means. Next time the connection breaks between 1Password and Safari, would you mind creating a diagnostics report and sending it via email to support+extension@1password.com? You can find the guide here: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please include your forum username as well as a link to this forum post in the body of the email.

That should help us diagnose where things are going wrong for you. :)

• Ranu
    Ranu
    Community Member

Excellent, will do, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good, thank you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.