1password icon inside form field takes focus instead of text field after autofill

Environment details:

When I use the keyboard shortcut to autofill my username and password on a web form, the focus is grabbed by the 1password icon inside the form field, which prevents me from doing a "return" immediately after the keyboard shortcut, and forces me to use "Tab" to change focus from the 1password icon to the "submit" button or equivalent. Could we keep the focus inside the username or password text fields when this happens so that hitting "return" just works?

1Password Version: 7.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X Catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:focus

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @srwnderer 👋

Your description of the issue makes me think that you may have two 1Password extensions installed. We currently offer the Classic extension, which is the one you linked, but having the "1password icon inside the form field" is a feature of the other extension we offer, 1Password in the browser.

You'll want to use only one of the extensions we offer. Could you check if you happen to have multiple instances of "1Password" listed at chrome://extensions/?

Let me know what you find!

• srwnderer
    srwnderer
    Community Member

Hey @kaitlyn, you are indeed correct. I disabled the other extension and kept the classic extension enabled. Now I don't see the icon inside the form field at all. This works for me. Thank you!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@srwnderer – I'm glad to hear you're back up and running with 1Password! If you get the chance, I'd suggest giving our newest extension, 1Password in the browser, a try. I find it much more intuitive than the Classic extension.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week. :)

• srwnderer
    srwnderer
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

Unfortunately, my org manages my browser and won't let me disable the classic extension. I'll follow up with them. Thank you

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Happy to help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.