Archiving items

This discussion was created from comments split from: Version 7.8.5 - locks up and safari/menu bar not responding.

Comments

• letour
    letour
    Community Member

1Password 7.8.5 for MacOS (version 11.4 Intel) completely SCREWED me over!! A huge number of items (logins, documents, notes, etc) ended up in the "Archive" folder for no reason, It took me two hours to recover most of them but I don't think I'm still done!!!!!!! I'M VERY ANGRY!!

• letour
    letour
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @letour!

Sorry to hear about this. Can you elaborate on what happened exactly? You updated to 1Password 7.8.5, launched the app again, and noticed this, or did you do something in between (perhaps managing vaults, or something similar)?

• letour
    letour
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana No, I did not do anything particular (like managing vaults). 1Password updated automatically (I have purchased it from the App store) and when I looked up some items like secure notes, or login items, I found them in the Archived folder when in fact I had not touched them. The strange thing is after having restored MANUALLY these items, I find most of them back in the Archived folder. It is becoming a real nuisance.

• @letour,

do you happen to try to use command-delete to clear the search field in the 1Password window?

• letour
    letour
    Community Member

@rudy No, I have never used command-delete to clear the search field

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@letour:

The strange thing is after having restored MANUALLY these items, I find most of them back in the Archived folder.

Can you reproduce this on demand? If you take any item in your 1Password Archive, and move it back, do they move back immediately to the Archive?

• letour
    letour
    Community Member

@ag_ana No, I cannot reproduce it. It appears to occur sporadically.

I have another issue with the current version installed on my iMac with Mac OS 11.4. "About 1Password" reports

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.5 (70805000)
    Mac App Store

When in fact, the App store reports version 7.8.6 as having been installed yesterday. What gives?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@letour:

Let's start by restarting things. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? What version number do you see now?

This discussion has been closed.