1Password 8 incoming fast and faster

Options
lumarel
lumarel
Community Member

Hi all,
Congrats to the next (early access) release of 1Password 🥳

Looks like we are getting the whole Linux UI experience on Windows now :lol:

Off course this brings a lot of cool new features to the other OS, but also this gorgeous design :chuffed:
It definitely is promising if you already have seen the path on the Linux side!

...but for now I still have to hold of to use it on the daily basis, it is just not doable for me to use 1P without 1Pmini, the drag to fill feature and the Rightclick menus to get to the fields faster are just too essential for me 😬

But that won't stop me from testing, here are some first things I noticed:

• on the first-login-screen the text in the boxes is so big, that the secret is longer than the box
  • the Windows tray icon looks a bit pixelated, this might need a higher resolution as the one from 7
  • scrolling is sometimes a bit too laggy until now (but eh its early access what have I thought ^^)
  • clicking the hamburger button on the upper left always trigger the apperance, so it does not toggle
  • the high-res icon loading is a bit slow
  • the whole web-forms editing part is missing (this is still needed, but I don't really want to start that discussion again)
  • and last but not least, as the local vaults got kicked again, the whole discussion which is going on on the Linux side takes place for Windows now as well ;) (I still really would love to host the service myself)

Off course this are just nitpicks over a whole new version which will off course improve over the next months a lot, so I'm really looking forward to it :chuffed:

Cheers!
lumarel

P.S. Just noticed the line about the new forum, you can move this over if you want, thank you!

1Password Version: 8.1.0-45.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @lumarel

Congrats to the next (early access) release of 1Password 🥳

Thank you!! 🥰🥰

...but for now I still have to hold of to use it on the daily basis, it is just not doable for me to use 1P without 1Pmini, the drag to fill feature and the Rightclick menus to get to the fields faster are just too essential for me 😬

That's great feedback; thanks. I've shared it with our product team. We're evaluating where we need to prioritize our time for the 1.0 release, so it is good to know this is a show stopper for you.

on the first-login-screen the text in the boxes is so big, that the secret is longer than the box

Will look into that one; thanks!

the Windows tray icon looks a bit pixelated, this might need a higher resolution as the one from 7

@MrRooni was just talking about this. Hopefully we can get that sorted soon.

scrolling is sometimes a bit too laggy until now (but eh its early access what have I thought ^^)

Early Access, yes, but as @roustem has said "performance is a feature." 💪🏻

clicking the hamburger button on the upper left always trigger the apperance, so it does not toggle

I've observed that as well. I'll make mention of it to the team.

the high-res icon loading is a bit slow

Is this in reference to Rich Icons for items stored in 1Password?

the whole web-forms editing part is missing (this is still needed, but I don't really want to start that discussion again)

👍🏻

and last but not least, as the local vaults got kicked again, the whole discussion which is going on on the Linux side takes place for Windows now as well ;) (I still really would love to host the service myself)

Thanks! Dave plans to talk about this more in the near future. Please keep an eye out.

Off course this are just nitpicks over a whole new version which will off course improve over the next months a lot, so I'm really looking forward to it :chuffed:

We really appreciate the nitpicks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.