How can I select a single vault?

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member

Version 8 currently seems to use all vaults for "All Items", "Favorites", and "Watchtower".

(How) Can I select a single vault instead?

(I have a Families account and don't want to see the (weak) shared data from my family members, but still be able to look into those vaults manually to help them)

1Password Version: 8.1.0-45
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @XIII

In the left-hand sidebar you should see a list of any accounts that are part of. If you see a > next to the name of the account, click that, and it'll expand so you can see the vaults within. Clicking on a vault will switch your view to just that vault.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

There's no >; only a v, which opens a menu to sign in to another account or set up another device (as well as Settings and Lock).

• MikeT
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi @XIII,

In 1Password 8, the UI has changed to treat vaults as the main organization structure.

So, you should be able to see your lists of vaults on the sidebar. It is right below Watchtower. Click the vault you want on the sidebar to see its items or you may need to expands Vaults to see it.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

My question is not about inspecting items in a single vault (which I am able to do).

I want to know how to get info about items from single vault (instead of all vaults) in Watchtower or Favorites.

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member
    Options

I do not see a way to filter Watchtower to a single vault in the current release. For this you may wish to use https://my.1password.com/

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

I'm using 3 vaults.

The vault "Personal" is my vault with all my own entries.

The vault "Family" is for family-entries only, which I don't need every time. Although I selected my personal vault, there are also tags which I use in my family-vault only, visible in the sidebar now. In my personal vault I don't use the tag "!ToDo!" anymore.

This is how it looks like in v7 and on 1Password.com.

I hope you can see what I mean.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Or continue using 1Password 7 for a while (which I plan to do for now).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hi folks,

Indeed; at present the sidebar isn't filtered based on which vault you have selected. Tags, Watchtower, and Favorites will all display the same regardless of which if any vault is picked. This was a design decision, but I can definitely pass along to the team that you'd prefer to have the sidebar be filtered based on vault selection (as it is in 1Password 7 and the 1Password.com web app).

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#8124

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

but I can definitely pass along to the team that you'd prefer to have the sidebar be filtered based on vault selection (as it is in 1Password 7 and the 1Password.com web app).

This would be great! What could be the sense of selecting a special vault, but the sidebar is not using this selection... :frown:

• Ben
    Options

@DenalB

What could be the sense of selecting a special vault, but the sidebar is not using this selection... :frown:

The item list is filtered based on the selection. 😁

This would be great!

I've passed along the feedback. Thanks!

Ben

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

The item list is filtered based on the selection.

Yes, I know. :lol:

I've passed along the feedback.

Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

No problem. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.