I cannot resist testing beta and early access stuff.
These are my observations:
- My custom icons are gone. I made a lot of custom icons, especially for local devices, local accounts, locally managed servers and for tiny/unknown websites that all now show the generic icons. I'm missing them and I hope they will be implemented.
- On upgrade from 1Password 7, you could tell to revisit all settings, because the settings are reset to default
- Nested Tags should be collapsible like before. My (forcibly expanded) tag list looks cluttered and becomes longer than the screen, so I have to scroll (I'm using the 1Password app with a small window, never maximized)
- In the new category drop down selection list, there is a dividing line between "Documents" and "Bank accounts". What is the purpose of this?
- How do I find all entries without a tag? In 1Password 7 I was able to enter "tag:" as search. This doesn't work any more.
- Attaching files is great! If it's an image, I would like to see a thumbnail instead of the default image icon.
- Clicking an an attach immediately downloads the item into the magic Windows download folder, even if I don't click on the text "download" but on the icon instead. I click the icon intuitively, because it has no thumbnail, to see what it is, but it was only silently downloaded. I would like to have an action (open item in its associated app) instead of the silent download.
- the tags on the "+ add tag" functionality are not sorted alphabetically.
- Where can I change the UI language? I have german language Windows and set 1Password 7 to german, but 1Password 8 comes as a wild mixture of german translation and english. I don't see where I can fully switch to english. There is no language selection in all the settings.
Other than that: Looks good. Time to get accustomed to the new window layout is required, but is ok.
- with adding a new item, a rather small popup window editor opens, and the window cannot be resized or moved. It's too small. Editing an existing item is ok, because the editor is inline and can be resized with the app window itself.
- The search bar doesn't stay left-aligned if you enlarge the window or run fullscreen. I expect the search bar staying at the middle column on top of and aligned to the item list.
- feature request: how about icon support for tags?
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Hi @Tertius3 👋
Custom icons have not yet been implemented within 1Password 8 for Windows. Please see this thread regarding Custom Icons.
1Password 7's settings don't necessarily translate 1:1 over to 1Password 8, so there's no way to feasibly "transfer" the settings from one app to the other. Sorry about that!
Totally agreed! I'll make to file this one away with the team to make sure we get this squared away.
While I could be entirely wrong on this, my best educated guess is that this is done to distinguish the most common items you'll create within 1Password, from the ones you're less likely to create as often.
This isn't currently possible, but certainly on our list of things to do!
While I can definitely see how this would be nice to see, I can't say I'm entirely how sure how much a thumbnail that small would personally helpful in my workflow. I'd likely end up downloading it viewing it to see what it is, especially since the thumbnail would limit my ability to see what the image actually is.
That said, I've still gone ahead and filed this one way with the team!
The attachment and download button are actually one and the same here, for simplicities sake. Whenever you hover over the attachment, you'll see "Download" appear to the right prior to clicking.
Tried this one out myself, and it seems tags are offered to you in a seemingly random order, though I could be wrong. For now, you can start typing to search for the tag you're looking for, and it'll appear in the search results!
Currently, 1Password 8 for Windows might be using your Windows region settings (German data format/settings) in the interface and settings, and your system language within the rest of the app. We've got an issue filed away with our development team for this currently. 😊
The new item creation menu seems appropriate sized for me here on my end. Can you include a screenshot of what it looks like on your end?
This is intentional. The search bar is set to be aligned to the center of the application, regardless of application size.
Many thanks for your detailed answer!
About the small "new item" window: that's the same size as on my system. Well, it probably isn't too small for login items, but it feels too small for me for other types.
Consider me adding a new complex item, for example a "Server" that comes with many default fields, where I add custom fields and remove unused default fields.
I would like to see and work with the whole form, and not scroll. The "Server" form has a very long scrollbar, and I am unable to manually drag the window longer. In its current state, would save the form empty, then edit it inline and adjust the editor size by resizing the 1Password app window - not very comfortable.
Ah, thanks for the example! I can definitely see where the smaller window with more complex items might be more of a pain to deal with there.
I'll take your feedback and pass this along to our development team to see what we brainstorm up! 🧠
Figured rather than make a whole new thread since they're addressed here, any updates on collapsible tag timeline? I also have a LOT of tags and having them all expanded makes the new GUI almost unusable.
Hey @SFC, thanks so much for sharing your feedback! I don't have any timeline to share with regard to collapsing nested tags, but I have added your voice to the internal issue. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.