1Password will not accept the Master password on my new Mac and Big Sur.

Options
bjacobs
bjacobs
Community Member

1Password will not accept the Master password on my new Mac and Big Sur. Works on my iPhone & iPad. I did not migrate from my old computer, but installed from a new download. Trying to clean things up.

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @bjacobs

It sounds like things may be set up differently. Do you see a Primary vault on the iOS devices? How did you set up the Mac? With a 1Password account or via another sync method. You mentioned iCloud in your sync type. Most often this occurs when someone has switched sync types.

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

This discussion has been closed.