Anti-Virus Not Happy!

Options

I just installed the new V8 1 PW. Upon first opening, Sophos Home Anti-Virus freaked out and declared it was blocking a malicious app. BUT..then 1PW opened up and is usuable. Using the Sophos Home dashboard I was able to permit the app's operation.

1Password Version: 8.1.0-45
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Winmdows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @VirgilBoy,

Thanks for reporting that to us. I'll try that tomorrow and see if we can report a false positive with Sophos.

We do upload our files to VirusTotal prior to any release and we got a clean slate for 1Password 8.1.0-45 files.

Can you recall any more specifics about what it thought was wrong with 1Password? Did it think it was infected or is it a type of behavior analysis?

If you have any details you can share with us, it'll help in our report to Sophos if we can't reproduce it locally.

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

I saw the same issue with Sophos, below is what was in the activity log. I was able to "approve" the application, so will see if it happens after the next update too. I think it's real issue was with a new application installation uninstalling the old version.

• VirgilBoy
    VirgilBoy
    Community Member
    Options

And here is the Sophos email re the issue...

• Blake
    Options

Thanks for the additional details folks! We will make sure we get this reported to Sophos to hopefully avoid this headache in the future.

We appreciate everyone chiming in to help! 😊

This discussion has been closed.