1Password 8 Windows app keyboard shortcuts

Just loaded the 1Password 8 Windows app today, and overall, I am impressed.

On thing I noticed while clicking around is that the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt no longer displays the password values on the selected item. There is another shortcut mentioned to "reveal" the password - Ctrl+R - but that looks like it is behaving as a "browser refresh" in the new app.

Are there plans to enable the password reveal functionality in 1Password 8?

1Password Version: 8.1.0-45.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2021

Hi @pentondb,

Thanks for writing in. We appreciate your thoughts on 1Password 8! 😀

You're right - there's no there's no shortcut to reveal a password in 1Password 8 currently. However, we have filed an issue with our development team to take a look and see what they can do. I can't tell you whether any given feature will make it into future versions of 1Password, but I can say that this one is on our radar. Our team appreciates that you mention it here as well - this kind of feedback is vital. Thanks for highlighting this!

ref: /dev/core/core/#7709

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I'm also missing the shortcut CTRL + ALT to reveal the password of a selected item. Please bring this shortcut back.

• Thanks for sharing @DenalB! I've added your voice to the intenal issue - I'd love to see the return of this too! :smile:

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

I also can't seem to work out the shortcut to invoke autofill in Chrome/Edge. It used to be Control + \ but that doesn't seem to work now?
    @Dayton_ag

• Hey there @gussic, Ctrl+\ should be working in the current release of 1Password for Windows Early Access - of note, this only works when you have just one matching item for a particular website (support for the shortcut when multiple matches exist is in-the-works). I've just tested this out in Chrome with good success.

Could you navigate to fill.dev, and use 1Password to create a new test entry for that website? After creating it, hit refresh in your browser, and then try Ctrl+\ - does that work to fill properly?

• gussic
    gussic
    Community Member

@Dayton_ag No it isn't working, even when only with one password/username entry for the website.

• RMPitcher
    RMPitcher
    Community Member

I'll add my voice to request the Ctrl+Alt shortcut. I liked the ability to glance at it quickly and only when the key was pressed instead of having to toggle the display.

• Hey @RMPitcher:

Great news! Ctrl+Alt is available in in the beta or nightly channels, as it was added in version 8.5.0-17.beta :smile: Try it out and let us know what you think!

Jack

• DrRZ
    DrRZ
    Community Member

Neither the ctrl-R or ctrl-alt shortcuts show up in the Shortcut help screen (ctrl-/) making them not very discoverable.

• Hey @DrRZ:

Thanks for your feedback on not showing those shortcuts in the shortcut list. I'll bring it up to the team and hopefully we can smooth it out in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.