v8 Ability to reorder/arrange fields

Options
14567810»

Comments

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

@FredericC reordering of URLs was part of 1PW7 at least on iOS and macOS.
    @Ivan_K I have over 600 items some with up to 6 URLs. Probably my workflow is different than yours.
    It's huge step that Agilebits finally brought back some of the functionality of 1PW7. But it's strange that they omitted the URLs. This follows a pattern I've seen in many different ways in 1PW8. Lots of great new unique features like ssh agent support were added but on the other hand they "forgot" to reimplement features that were availabe before like Drag and Drop, or have totaly broken features like search with its annoying popup, prefiltering and extra shortcut.
    To be honest in my very personal view it's still to early to celebrate. As my workflow is mainly based on search I will stay on 1PW7 as long as they don't revert the search UI changes.

• Ivan_K
    Ivan_K
    Community Member
    Options

@viswiz I have just noticed that indeed 1P7 has ability to reorder websites... Clearly I did not use that often. And your feelings about this ability returning on some later day are much better understood now.

I have read about the search complaints, but will have to properly test the new v8 build when it is released to get a real feeling of things and if I get troubled by it. Testing v8 in a VM showed that pressing CMD + Enter pretty much got the job done and so overall experience was fine.

I do use ability to change type of existing fields quite often and it is on my "watch list". But with ability to move fields around that should not feel like a major (hopefully temporary) loss. I think I've see comments from the team that this feature will make the return eventually too...

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi folks,

Understanding that we are here in the Desktop Betas forum, we have some big Production-related news to share with you: the 8.10.0 release is here!

8.10.0 brings many, many fixes and improvements to the app experience, and a substantial percentage of these were sourced from feedback here in the forums. Including (you guessed it!) the ability to move fields and sections within an item.

The total list of improvements is one of our longest ever, and we couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for letting us know the changes you wanted to see in 1Password 8, and your patience as we got some of these addressed through test changes in the Beta and Nightly channels.

8.10.0 includes:

• section and field re-ordering
    • improved FaceID and TouchID unlock, fixing the most prominent customer issue on iOS right now
    • select a default vault for saving
    • fixes for issues with LastPass import
    • and so many more, they didn't fit in the allotted character limit in Apple's App Store 🤓

You can, however, find the full release notes for 8.9.10 here (the Mac release notes have been posted, and notes for all other platforms are coming shortly).

Thanks as well for the continued feedback on field reordering since it was introduced to the Nightly and Beta channels. We will continue to make improvements as we go!

With gratitude

Pete

• dmacx
    dmacx
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Thank you very much @PeterG_1P. It was a hard journey to come to this point. For the 1P employees to be confronted with our pressure and ourselves as well for waiting for features we liked to have. I'd like to thank you and the team to listen to us and invest time and money. Not only to make a strong password tool, but a tool that helped us to organize our daily business – private and corporate wise, by providing a great UX.

Please follow the new route and provide feedback earlier in the development process. We are here to help.

• Terylon
    Terylon
    Community Member
    Options

Wow. Great job @PeterG_1P and team! Thanks a lot for the update. Now it is time to say goodbye to 1P 7. 😀

• Ivan_K
    Ivan_K
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

@PeterG_1P 👍👍

@dmacx @Terylon watch out before you make the shift from v7. A major issue is found.

You might be tempted to open v8 at random without the need to - just to enjoy how beautiful it is😄

*Loving it!☺️

p.s. Ohh no. This legendary thread is about to get closed. Somebody must complain just one last time before website fields become movable too!

• artooro
    artooro
    Community Member
    Options

Just got the update, why cant web site fields be re-ordered? Everything can be re-ordered now (which is great!) but why not web sites which is actually what I personally re-order the most?

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

@artooro It seems to be the new design pattern of AgileBits. Omitting featues of 1PW7 in 1PW8, bringing them back after exessive discussions and time but ommiting an important part of it. It's not limited to reordering sections/fields. Look at duplicates removal, search UI, item counts, localized date formats, ...

• mrjarnould
    mrjarnould
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you 1Password team for the update! This is a huge UX improvement albeit one that came way too late.

• I'd like to share further good news with the release of the latest beta version (8.10.3):

You can now adjust the order of websites and apps tied to an item.

As always, let us know if you encounter any issues when testing the new functionality! 😊

-Dave

• hegguardo
    hegguardo
    Community Member
    Options

Great news, thanks @Dave_1P!

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sorry to be a whiner, but I just updated and while the UI elements are there, and I can drag URLs around, they don't actually re-order. They return to exactly where they started. Sorry.

1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003001)

@Dave_1P -- known issue?

• @esquared

Thank you for calling this out. I admit that I neglected to double-check the feature using the latest beta before posting my comment (my fault entirely) and it looks like a very recent change has temporarily broken the functionality. Our developers are aware and are looking into this. Hopefully we'll get the issue resolved as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20540

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

@esquared Just came along here to report exactly that issue. Looks like you beat me to it and it's all known and being fixed. Good. See you later!

• Hello @rctneil,

Thanks for the additional report! I've included your details in the issue filed with the development team.

ref: dev/core/core#20540

This discussion has been closed.