1PX window does not stay open after master password is entered

camner
camner
Community Member
edited June 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Recent change in behavior...after invoking the 1PX extension either via the keystroke combination or via the 1P icon in the Chrome menu bar, and after entering the master password, the 1PX extension window goes away, requiring it to be re-invoked, before presenting the list of 1P entries. In the past, after entering the master password, the 1P extension window stayed open and immediately presented the list of 1P entries.

Here is a brief video that shows this.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @camner!

From the video, I think you are using a different keyboard shortcut, the one to launch 1Password mini in your menu bar. For confirmation, are you using Cmd+\ as your shortcut? If you do, can you try with Cmd+Shift+X instead, which is the one to launch the 1Password browser extension directly?

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

I am using Cmd+Shift+X in the video (and in real life!). I didn't know about Cmd+. I just tried Cmd+\, and it does nothing at all.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the report, @camner. I see exactly what you're saying, and I've run into the same issue myself. I reported it to our developers just the other day, so they'll look into it and see what they can do to improve the behavior. In the meantime, I'll them know that you ran into the same issue.

This change stemmed from a new feature we call Shared Lock State, which allows 1Password in your browser to share the lock state with the 1Password desktop app. You can get around this in one of two ways – you can unlock the 1Password desktop app when you start your computer, then 1Password in your browser should remain unlocked until the auto-lock settings of the 1Password desktop app kick in. Alternatively, you can disable the "Integrate with the 1Password app" on the settings page for 1Password in your browser (right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, then select Settings). Keep in mind that the second option would mean you'd need to unlock the 1Password desktop app and 1Password in your browser separately again.

I hope that helps for now!

ref: dev/core/core#7986

• camner
    camner
    Community Member

@kaitlyn,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I do like the Shared Lock State feature...although it doesn't come up too often in my workflow, when I do find myself going to 1P desktop, it is a bit of an annoyance to unlock again shortly after I've unlocked 1P extension.

That said, the need for invoking 1P extension twice is a bigger annoyance, IMHO.

I suppose there is a logical explanation, but it isn't obvious why sharing the lock state would result in 1P extension needing to be invoked twice...

• @camner

What you're saying makes complete sense. In a perfect state, integration will work as expected and 1Password in your browser will keep the pop-up open once you unlock it. I do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

We appreciate you getting this on our radar. Hopefully we'll see a fix implemented in an upcoming release.

This discussion has been closed.