1Password 8 With NVDA, Backwards Regressions

Hello,

I am using 1Password 8 with NVDA, as a blind user. Thank you for your dedication to accessibility in prior releases. I transitioned a while ago from LastPass for the superior accessibility, and wish that accessibility would not regress.

Unfortunately, in the present release of 1Password 8, Accessibilyt definitely seems to have regressed.
There are unlabeled buttons. One being the button for accessing the back once in settings. Dropdowns are also unlabeled. Please be sure to label all buttons.
In NVDA, using focus mode, up/down arrow keys does not go up and down the list. This is how 1Password navigation should work, but it does not. One must enable Browse mode, which is not like most web apps in list views. Please consider using appropriate aria tags and making lists such as the list of passwords navigable.
Pressing ctrl+tab with NVDA does not read the tab in focus.

Again, thank you for the work which is going to accessibilyt. In my experience, accessibilyt early is better than trying to add it on later. Please consider making 1Password 8 as navigable and accessible, or more so, as 1Password 7.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Heya @nimerjaber 👋

Making 1Password accessible to everyone is a huge priority for us, and having 1Password 8 for Windows working properly with Screen Readers is certainly something we're working on. We are aware that there are some issues with tooltips, dropdown, and select options at this point in time, and we have opened issues with our development team to get this corrected.

Please keep in mind that 1Password 8 for Windows is a complete rewrite of 1Password from the ground-up, so there are bound to be some growing pains (like this) but you can rest assured we will certainly get things ironed out and working properly. Let us know if you find anything else amiss and I'll make sure to get it in front of our team! 💙

This discussion has been closed.