Timeline for 1Password 8 and Termination of Standalone License Sales?

Options
VT1P
VT1P
Community Member

I understand AgileBits is in the final stages of development and planning for the introduction of 1Password 8 for Mac, and will be ending the sale of standalone licenses. Can you gives us any idea of the expected date for the release of 1Password 8 for Mac?

I have only used the licensed versions of 1Password for Mac and Windows, since version 4, so this will be a major decision point for me. I really like 1Password. I hope I will be able to try a (free?) trial of 1P8.com to see if it works for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@VT1P,

You'll want to read @dteare's post about this: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/601917/#Comment_601917

The short of it, license sales have already ceased for both 1Password 7 for both Mac and Windows.

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. I did see that post, and I commented on it, but no team member responded to my question. Can you tell me your expected date for the 1P8.com release? I will want to do a trial of that version when it comes out. I will continue using my 1P7 license until then.

• rudy
    Options

@VT1P,

We haven't publicly announced timeline for 1Password 8 on Mac.

• Ben
    Options

@VT1P

but no team member responded to my question

Sorry about that. Dave is trying to personally respond to everyone who posts there. We had Friday off as a company holiday for Juneteenth. I'd anticipate further answers being posted there soon, though possibly not until Monday.

I will want to do a trial of that version when it comes out.

Feel free to start a trial now, and if you need additional time once the Early Access for 1Password for Mac is available drop me a note at support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and I'll be happy to help.

Ben

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

I just tried to start a trial. Right off, I was asked to enter my secret Master Password. I do NOT want to share my Master Password with anyone. Will AgileBits have access to it if I type it in to start a trial?

Also, it appears if I start a trial, or subscribe to 1P.com, I will have to enter my secret key every time I sign in. I always erase all of my cookies every time I close Safari. Does this mean I will lose my Secret Key and I will have to type it in by hand every time I sign in?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VT1P:

Will AgileBits have access to it if I type it in to start a trial?

No, the Master Password is not shared with us :+1:

Does this mean I will lose my Secret Key and I will have to type it in by hand every time I sign in?

No need to type the Secret Key all the time: if you add your 1Password account to your 1Password app, the Secret Key will be stored there, so you can copy and paste it anytime you wish ;)

• VT1P
    VT1P
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. I did not realize I will not need my Secret Key to unlock the app on my Mac, and I will only need it to sign-in to my account at 1P.com.

• Ben
    Options

I did not realize I will not need my Secret Key to unlock the app on my Mac

Just for initial setup. Subsequent unlocks: no. :) On behalf of Ana you're most welcome.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.