How can I add my new 1password membership icon to my status bar in Mac?

ksullivan22
ksullivan22
Community Member

My older standalone 1Password account (not a membership) allowed me to have a 1Password icon in the status bar next to other icons such as Time machine, wifi status, etc. It was very convenient. Can I add the new membership icon to this bar or do I have to use it only as an extension to my browser? The switchover hasn't been smooth.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how to add 1password to my status bar

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ksullivan22!

Yes, you can continue using 1Password mini in your menu bar. If you open the 1Password for Mac app and go to Preferences > General tab, is the option Show 1Password in the menu bar enabled?

• ksullivan22
    ksullivan22
    Community Member

The 1Password standalone is in the Status bar; the newer membership 1password is in the toolbar. I have been told to delete the standalone version. How do I get the new membership 1password icon in the status bar? When I click on the new account on the toolbar, there is no option to show 1password in the menu bar. Another issue is that when I go to a website and 1password comes up to fill in the log in information, command+period does not work.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ksullivan22:

Can you please clarify what you mean by "the newer membership 1password is in the toolbar"? Regardless of how you use 1Password, there is only one icon in the menu bar:

When I click on the new account on the toolbar, there is no option to show 1password in the menu bar.

Can you post a screenshot of where you are clicking, and what you are seeing when you click there?

This discussion has been closed.