I cannot get 1Password mini to open from the Mac menu bar nor by using option-command-\

Options
KANieder
KANieder
Community Member

When I click on 1password in the menu bar nothing happens. If I try the keyboard shortcut I get an obnoxious sound.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini won't open from the menu bar

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @KANieder!

Are you able to open 1Password mini by clicking on it in your menu bar?

• KANieder
    KANieder
    Community Member
    Options

No. That's the main problem. I cannot open the mini. If I right click on the icon in the menu bar, I can open the full program but CANNOT just click on the icon in the menu bar and have the program open.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KANieder:

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Is 1Password mini still not responsive?

• KANieder
    KANieder
    Community Member
    Options

Well I thought I'd try that but it worked this time. Also, it seems to need a longer click if that makes sense, then the other icons in the menu bar.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KANieder:

Well I thought I'd try that but it worked this time.

Thank you for the update!

Also, it seems to need a longer click if that makes sense, then the other icons in the menu bar.

I have tested it on my machine and it seems like the length of the click is the same as the other icons in my menu bar. I am using macOS 11.4 however, I am not sure if that might have something to do with this (from your first post I see that you are on 10.4). It sounds more like an operating system behavior than a 1Password behavior, since I am also running 1Password for Mac version 7.8.6.

Do you see the same response times even after a reboot?

This discussion has been closed.