1Pass mounts but fails to run on my new M1 iMac.

Options
bjoy
bjoy
Community Member

A new 1Pass 7.8.6 download displays all my Vault data but does not mount the Mini in my Safari menu bar and does not open any of my logins. Is 1Password not yet compatible with the Apple M1 chip? What do I do next?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: MacOS 11.3
Sync Type: 1Password vault

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bjoy!

1Password is compatible with the Apple M1 chip. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password?

• bjoy
    bjoy
    Community Member
    Options

No change after a Complete Quit and re-launch. A double click on a login will will instantly switch to Safari but only to whatever URL was already showing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bjoy:

Is the 1Password browser extension correctly enabled in your Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? It should look similar to this:

• bjoy
    bjoy
    Community Member
    Options

It looks exactly like that except updated a little for 1Pass 7.8.6.

• @bjoy

I see you are running macOS 11.3. Could you try updating to 11.4 the latest version and see if that makes a difference? It has some important security updates from Apple that you will want to take advantage of. If that doesn't help please send us a diagnostic report from your device.

--

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/121656/1pass-mounts-but-fails-to-run-on-my-new-m1-imac#latest
    • Your forum username: bjoy

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• bjoy
    bjoy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Tommy for alerting me to update the OS. Unfortunately nothing changed but it clarified that 1Pass is mounting and working ok on the iMac it’s just not communicating with Safari. Forcing a re-connection seemed worth it so I gave it a try and it worked. So for others with the same issue here is the fix:
    Problem:
    1Password mounts successfully on an M1 iMac with formatted, usable Vault data and showing a 1Pass icon in right side of the Safari Toolbar but fails to mount the 1Pass Mini icon to the left of the URL input bar & fails to open & login to saved sites in the logon list.
    Fix:

• Go to Safari>Preferences>Extensions and uncheck 1Password in the extension list
    • Quit Safari
    • Hard quit 1Password (Command, Option, Control, Q or right-click on 1Password icon in the menu bar at the top right of your Safari screen > Quit 1Password Completely
    • Re-launch 1Password
    • Re-launch Safari - a message to “Enable 1Password in Safari” should pop up. When selected it brings up the Extensions window with the 1Password box checked and the 1Password Mini appears in the top left of the screen. Everything should work.
  • Ben
    Options

I'm glad to hear that helped, @bjoy. Thanks for the update, and for sharing those instructions here. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.