I'm just started the testing of the most recent 1Password 8 beta (8.1.0-45.BETA) and noticed that while it really looks much more modern than the earlier version, and overall feels like a long-awaited update, which I truly appreciate, some of the functionality which was available during editing an item is now either missing or I could not find how to do them exactly:
- Earlier it was possible to change the type of an already existing field to something else (e.g. changing a text field to password), which is now seems to be missing
- Also it was possible to rearrange the fields within a section and to rearrange the sections during editing, which seems to be missing too
- For concealed password fields there was a hotkey assigned (CTRL+R) which revealed the password. While the reveal functionality is still there, now it could be accessed only with two mouse clicks. Now CTLR+R does a complete refresh in the app, which I guess is understandable now, as 1PW8 seems to be an electron app.
- When viewing OTP fields as large-type, the displayed OTP is static, showing the data which was the valid at the moment when the show in large type option selected. I think it would be much more useful if the large type popup would also got refreshed automatically, once a new OTP has been generated. Also the CTRL+R shortcut is available for this window, but it does not update the content itself, just reload it as-is. Strange though that when reloading the window, it also repositions it to its original coordinates, which is kind of annoying.
- When adding a new OTP field to an item, previously it was possible to scan the screen or a picture for the QR code of the OTP seed, which seems to be missing in this beta version. I know that the data could be usually easily copied as string too, however the screen scanning functionality was a really cool and convenient feature.
Thanks in advance for looking into these.
1Password Version: 8.1.0-45.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10.0.19043
Sync Type: 1password.com
Hey there @BSi , I am so sorry that we missed this post! I'll be happy to help out here:
Ah, I can definitely see how this would be useful. I've passed this along to the team. :smile: ref: /dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#701
I'd love to see this functionality return too! I've compiled this feedback internally and passed it along. ref: /dev/core/core/#5958
Definitely! There is a lot of internal work being done on iterating and improving on keyboard shortcuts - I've made sure that this is part of that discussion. ref: /dev/core/core/#7709
I've been able to reproduce this behavior on my end too - I've compiled this feedback and passed it along to the Development team to look into further. ref: /dev/core/core/#8938 ref: /dev/core/core/#9118
This functionality is available in the 1Password extension - to use it, navigate to the web page with the QR code displayed, open 1Password in your browser, and click the corresponding item (for example, if you're setting up 2FA for your email address, choose the entry you use to sign into that email). Then, click the QR icon at the bottom of 1Password in your browser, and the QR code will be automatically scanned and added to the item, and the OTP will be copied to your clipboard. :smile: