How can I see the full name of a password from the browser extension?

Options

I like the new UI of 1Password for Chrome, but it's less usable than the old one.
The names of my passwords are quite long because I add some tags to quickly identify them using your search (I have more than 50 passwords stored for some websites). The new UI only displays ~19 chars, and there's no way to see the whole title. That's really annoying.

How can I quickly see the whole password name while searching and in your extenson popup?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AntoA!

Can you please post a screenshot of an example item, so we can make sure we look at the same area in the browser extension? Thank you!

• AntoA
    AntoA
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana ,

the screenshot you requested:

• Hey @AntoA. If you hover your cursor over the item title on the righthand side of that second screenshot, a tooltip should display showing more of the title. Does that help?

• AntoA
    AntoA
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Michael, yes, it helps.

I'd like to see the same tooltip when I search for a password on a web page (please check the 1st screenshot).

• Hi @AntoA. Could you tell me more about the use case you have here, so I better understand where you're coming from? Is the website for all of these items identical, and the title is what differentiates them? The reason I ask is that items that match on subdomain show at the top of the list of suggestions, so in most cases the most relevant login is the one immediately shown.

• AntoA
    AntoA
    Community Member
    Options

As I wrote, I have more than 50 logins stored in 1password for the same domain.

Imagine having 50+ gmail accounts with random email names. The only way to find the right one is to add tags to the 1password item name to lower the number of results listed.
    With the old extension, I was able to see the entire 1password item name, now it's not possible anymore. I want that feature back.

• ag_michaelc
    edited June 2021
    Options

Hey @AntoA. I just wanted to make sure they were all for the same exact website, subdomain included. I'll let the team know that seeing the whole title in the inline menu would be helpful for you. The classic extension didn't have the inline menu at all, for what it's worth — but hopefully we'll be able to make this even better for you in the future. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#8319

• AntoA
    AntoA
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, they're all from the same sudmain ( e.g. https://signin.aws.amazon.com/ ).

Since I can search directly by typing in the input field. I started using that flow to select my username/password because it's quicker than opening the 1password extension popup.

The classic extension didn't have the inline menu at all, for what it's worth.

It's true, but the classic ext. allowed me to immediately recognize the right 1password item w/o having to select the items one by one and then hover the cursor over the item title ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@AntoA:

Since I can search directly by typing in the input field. I started using that flow to select my username/password because it's quicker than opening the 1password extension popup.

Indeed, this is a good suggestion :+1:

This discussion has been closed.