1Password icon not working in Safari

Options

The icon to open 1Password in the Safari toolbar does not work anymore. It highlights but does nothing when clicked.
Nor does the one in the Finder toolbar when Safari is open.
When I go to a website like Amazon and try and login I get the image below. Clicking on the Unlock 1Password does nothing.

Safari 14.0.3
1Password extension 7.8.6
1Password desktop app 7.8.6
MacOS 11.2.3

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: 7.8.6
OS Version: OS 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @adjackson3

It sounds like we may have to re-establish communication between 1Password and Safari after a recent update. Can you please try the following steps and let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

1. Quit 1Password completely by holding the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar beside the  logo.
    2. Quit your browser.
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.

Let me know how it goes!

• adjackson3
    adjackson3
    Community Member
    Options

I did several things including quitting completely and rebooting my machine. That eventually worked so thank you.
    My issue now is why. Could this have been some kind of intrusion?

• @adjackson3

Sounds like you were in the middle of an update to 1Password. During an update the process breaks communication between the various components. Also, please update macOS today if possible. 11.4 has important security updates from Apple.

• adjackson3
    adjackson3
    Community Member
    Options

I have subsequently run into a couple of other breakdowns in passwords. Spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple support to clean up a problem with my Appleid password. Several apps broke and your suggestion about broken communication rings true. Again, it ended up requiring quitting everything and rebooting.
    I have never had this kind of problem before. After getting things working again, I did update the OS. We'll see if things stay connected.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @adjackson3, keep us posted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.