Is 1Password X Coming Back?

Options

My family all uses 1Password, and we used 1Password X in a specific way. We use one Windows profile because we play the same games and use a lot of the same files. However, we want to keep our 1Password accounts (on a family plan) separate and do not want to see each other's 1Password accounts. To solve this problem, we each created separate Google Chrome profiles, and then installed 1Password X in each. Each profile logged into their respective 1Password account. Through this solution, we could each manage our 1Password accounts on the same Windows profile.

It looks like 1Password X is gone, and I can't find it anywhere now. Unfortunately, this has completely broken 1Password usage in my house. I am the only one with an account logged in now on our desktop computer, since my account was already logged into the desktop application. Nobody else can access their accounts unless we add them to the desktop app, but then we would all have access to each other's. In addition, everyone would have to use (and know) my master password to use 1Password. This is not what we want.

Is 1Password X coming back? Or would there be any other way to solve our problem? Thank you in advance!

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.2
OS Version: Windows 10, 20H2
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

1Password X is now https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-–-password-mana/aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa (so the one you have installed now)

Disable "Integrate with 1Password app" in the extension settings per Chrome profile, and that'll get it back to the way it worked before.

• @planenteer

As @plttn suggested, you can disable integration for 1Password in the browser profiles where you wish to keep things separated from the main desktop application. You can do so as follows:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of any accounts that you don't wish to use in that profile.

Let me know how it goes, or if you have any questions.

• planenteer
    planenteer
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, thank you so much! That's exactly what I needed!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf ofplttn and Chantelle, you are welcome @planenteer! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.