Why does Watchtower tag a 1 pw security note as having a vulnerable password?

scacl
scacl
Community Member

I opened the desktop app on my mac the other day to discover 4 vulnerable passwords. GREAT to know! The trick is, though, that one of them is NOT a login but rather a security note created within my 1Password account. Presumably "have I been pwned.com" shouldn't know about that note. So, on the one hand, I'm not worried b/c it's not info I use to log in to websites. On the other, I AM worried b/c the note only resides within my 1PW account and the outside world shouldn't know about it. Any ideas for fixing whatever 1pw doesn't like? Pic attached.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scacl!

It would be difficult to say what exactly is triggering this, without seeing the note. Do you perhaps have any custom fields in the note, in addition to the text area?

• scacl
    scacl
    Community Member

You had it right. I had used the password field for a string of 3 numbers (for a lockbox in the house). Once I changed the field to text, the "vulnerable" designation went away. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @scacl! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.