The styling on the dropdowns makes them look "disabled"

andmade
andmade
Community Member

In my experience, dropdowns or buttons that have gray text on gray backgrounds are "disabled" — meaning you can't actually change the option that is shown or interact with them.

Here is a native browser example of a disabled dropdown:

This is what the 1Password dropdowns look like:

Really similar! I bring this up because I thought that the "Lock after..." option was disabled because the "Lock 1Password..." option was checked and was confused when unchecking it did not re-enable the dropdown. At which point I fiddled with it and discovered it was not actually disabled at all. I think it would be less ambiguous if the background of the dropdown were white and the text was black, so that it looked like a standard enabled dropdown.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ticky
    ticky
    Community Member

Co-sign on this. I couldn't work out why my 1Password was locking until I realized the 'lock after system idle' was set to ten minutes but I thought the setting was disabled due to it being faded.

• Blake
    edited June 2021

Thanks for sharing this @andmade 👋

I can totally see how this might be misconstrued as a "disabled" option, given the current design of how the button looks. I've opened an issue up with our design team internally so we can take a closer look at what's possible here.

Let us know if you notice anything else out of place! 😊

ref: dev/core/core#8381

This discussion has been closed.