Error: "We're having trouble logging into your account"

Options
benandren
benandren
Community Member

I just set up 1Password on my iPad Pro with a subscription account. I have it set to open with Face ID, which works fine. But as soon as I am in the app, I get a sign-in error: "We're having trouble logging into your account. Please make sure your Secret Key and password are filled in correctly." The secret key is correct, and after I enter my master password, the app works and I have access to my vault.

I don't want to have to enter my master password every time. This defeats the purpose of having FaceID. Can you help me figure out why I am getting this sign-in error?

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 14.6
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:login problem

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @benandren!

Have you perhaps regenerated the Secret Key for your 1Password account recently?

• benandren
    benandren
    Community Member
    Options

I just set up my subscription and it generated my secret key for the first time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benandren:

Thank you for the confirmation! Are you able to login with these credentials without errors on the 1Password.com website in a browser on this same device? Do you get any errors when you try to login this way rather than inside the app?

• benandren
    benandren
    Community Member
    Options

I can log in through the browser with no issues on this same device.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benandren:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• benandren
    benandren
    Community Member
    Options

CYC-37952-431

• benandren
    benandren
    Community Member
    Options

I also just confirmed that I have the same problem on my iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@benandren:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CYC-37952-431

• benandren
    benandren
    Community Member
    Options

Have you found anything yet?

• @benandren

I'll be replying in a few moments. Please look for an email soon.

• dberg918
    dberg918
    Community Member
    Options

Hi 1Password team, I seem to be having the exact same problem. I just signed up for a family subscription last night on my iPad. Whenever I open the iPadOS or iOS app on my Apple devices (after Face/Touch ID), I get a pop up saying “We’re having trouble logging into your account.” I haven’t touched my secret key, and logging in from a web browser with the same key and master password on both devices works perfectly fine.

Am I hitting a common bug here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dberg918:

This is a behavior that our developers are aware of in certain cases, so hopefully we will have a fix in a future update. In the meantime, can you please confirm what version of iOS you are running, and what version of the 1Password app you have installed?

• dberg918
    dberg918
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, actually the behavior has stopped after force-quitting the app. Force-quitting worked on both the iPad and the iPhone; I haven’t seen the pop-up at all today when opening 1Password on either device.

Just for the record, I am running version 7.7.6 of 1Password on both iPadOS 14.6 (iPad Mini 5th gen) and iOS 14.6 (iPhone 12 Mini). If I see it again, I’ll be in touch. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @dberg918, and thank you for the update! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.