How to setup 4-digit passcode to unlock 1password on an older iMac (similar to what I iPad)?

Options
soonerchem
soonerchem
Community Member

Tired of typing long password to unlock 1password on iMac. The 4-digit code on iPad would be nice shortcut if I could implement on iMac. Any instructions how to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unlock 1password shortcut on imac

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My iPad has Face ID, so the four digit option isn't presented to me, if it is still an option in iPadOS. But I would be careful about wanting such a shortcut everywhere you use 1Password. Doing so seems to me to be an invitation to forget your master password, which you will eventually require at some point. That's just my opinion, and you may have a secure way to keep your master password safely stored where you can recover it when you can't remember it. For me, I wouldn't use a shortcut on my Mac, even if it were an option, just to keep the muscle memory intact.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @soonerchem!

It is not possible to unlock 1Password for Mac with a 4-digit PIN for security reasons I am afraid. You can rather try adjusting the auto-lock settings in 1Password Preferences > Security tab, so you don't have to type your password so often :+1:

This discussion has been closed.