Desktop not updating passwords from iPhone iOS 14.4.2

artwindows
artwindows
Community Member
edited June 2021 in Mac

I don't have the yearly paid account, as I was told I can just use the iPhone and it will update on the desktop, although I can't do edits on the desktop. That worked for a couple of years or more like this. Now, all of a sudden, it's NOT updating on the MacOS Mojave. What happened? and how can I fix it so it just updates for me?
Thanks so much. Love the program although I don't need full integration and it keeps asking me to sign up every time I use it.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: iOS 7.7.6
OS Version: MacOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password stopped updating on desktop

Comments

• @artwindows

it keeps asking me to sign up every time I use it.

I sounds as if you do not have a membership. A membership would be required to remove any restrictions after the initial trial period.

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

We went through this 2 years ago. I was told I did not need to get a membership and it would still update. I've been using it that way since you came out with the membership. They said that would not end if I wanted to do it that way. Can this get confirmed? I've been with 1Password for years and no problems. I didn't need the robust upgrade and they said that's ok, you won't have to get it. Just continue with the iPhone app and the desktop would update fine, you just cannot edit from there. Did this change now?
    Thanks.. not trying to be difficult but this is how I've been using it.

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

What's the subscription cost, and would you be able to help me set it up easily? I'd prefer to use iCloud, but I'm currently using Dropbox. I'm sure it's worth it. I can however, just still use the iPhone app and just not use the desktop?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@artwindows:

From what you are saying, it sounds like the issue might be more with Dropbox, if sync suddenly stopped working for you without making any changes.

What's the subscription cost, and would you be able to help me set it up easily?

Absolutely. You can find all pricing information here, and here is a guide on how to migrate your existing data to 1Password.com:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I'd prefer to use iCloud, but I'm currently using Dropbox.

With a Membership, you won't need either of those ;) Data will be synced automatically via 1Password.com.

I'm sure it's worth it. I can however, just still use the iPhone app and just not use the desktop?

Yes, if that's what you prefer you can do that. Although remember that a Membership allows you to use 1Password on everyone of your devices at no extra cost, so you might want to enjoy the app on your desktop too ;)

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

Great. One more question, if I try the membership, and then at some point just want to go back to the iPhone app version only, can I go backward to iCloud and get my file moved to iCloud? At some point here I’ll be retiring and may not have the desktop version. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@artwindows:

Yes, you can move data back to your Primary vault using the same instructions :+1:

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

I went on to use 1password this morning. It was very important and now it won’t let me in. Did you reset something? I wanted to sign up when I had time, but now it appears I’m blocked from my account. Very disappointing. Please reset to what it was so I can get in. I’ll sign up but not this minute.I’ll do it soon. Please call if necessary - removed -
    Extremely frustrating.

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

If I sign up today can I get this fixed please? Don’t know why the app is not working today, but only thing I did different is contact support to ask about why the desktop was not updating any longer. Coincidence I guess..
    How do I go about getting the membership so both desktop and app work?
    Need this today if possible. Thanks so much. Looking forward to having it all working and having both desktop and iPhone working.
    Rick

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@artwindows

Did you use a different password for the membership? If so, you may still have your Primary present. 1Password will unlock with the Master Password of the Primary when it is present. A membership Master Password is a minimum of 10 characters long.

The way 1Password unlocks is:

1. If a Primary vault exists then unlock using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in.

2. If a single 1Password membership is signed in then unlock using the Master Password for that membership account.

3. If multiple memberships are signed in then unlock using the Master Password of the first added membership.

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

Edit: looks like I misread and you have not yet signed up. Sorry. Leaving message in place as it provides valuable information. :chuffed:

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021

@artwindows

I also removed your phone number as this is a public forum.

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

Thanks ag_tommy.

Well, I’m kind of lost now and have no access to my passwords at this time. I was happy with it just working on my phone but would be willing to sign up to get both working. 36/year sounds reasonable, but at the moment I’m too confused as to how to set it up. And also confused as to why it was working on the iPhone all these years until I asked a question yesterday. Now it’s not accessible anymore. If I can’t set this up myself and I can’t be walked through the set up process , then perhaps this is too complicated for me. Is there someone who can sign me up, get the file transferred to your server and get both desktop and iPhone working? Otherwise I lose over 900 entries and go back to keychain. Thanks. I’m available.

• @artwindows

We have a team of folks ready and willing to help guide you though the process. Have you sent us an email message? If not, I would recommend doing that and get yourself in the queue. Then we can work with you one on one to resolve any troubles. That will also allow us to gather diagnostic reports if necessary.

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

How do I send you an email message? What’s the email address? And what’s the timing on this? Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@artwindows:

You can email us at support@1password.com :+1: We aim to reply to every email within 24 hours if possible (we reply from the oldest to the newest message).

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

Should I try setting this up myself first? I’ll send email requesting a call back to get it set up, I guess? Maybe I can do myself if not confusing. Just don’t want to lose my file. Do they actually call me back to walk through it and set it up on the phone?

• @artwindows

While we're not presently equipped to offer phone support, we would be happy to work with you by email. We have a great track record for helping folks over email, and I'm confident I can get things working for you.

• artwindows
    artwindows
    Community Member

Thanks.
    So I won’t try on my own. I’ll get into the queue

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your patience @artwindows :+1: In the meantime, I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system. We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

ref: FPS-13435-839

This discussion has been closed.