Feature Request: Differentiate between "password" and "hidden"

Options
Ryan Parman
Ryan Parman
Community Member

When creating a new "login" entry, after putting in user/password, poor-quality websites tend to ask you to fill-out answers to "security questions". So I open a password generator, and generate a string that is unlikely to offend any validation happening on these fields. Cool.

When I add them to a login entry, I store them as a "password" type so they they remain hidden. (I don't care what the values are — I just need to be able to copy+paste them when requested.) 1Password will then grade those values as though they were actually passwords. This makes sense considering my decision, but what I really wanted was simply to hide them.

The same is true for backup codes, which are usually short and numeric.

Feature Request: Add a new data type of "hidden" which is as hidden as "password" is, but lacks the evaluation (judgement) of the value.

1Password Version: 7.8.6 (70806001)
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: macOS 11.5 Beta (20G5052c)
Sync Type: iCloud + 1P Family

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ryan Parman!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#212

This discussion has been closed.