exports from 1Password 8

asdlklkj2
asdlklkj2
Community Member

I periodically do an export of my vaults as a backup. I have a work account and a Families account. If I do an export while logged into both accounts, I get two randomly-named files, so how do I know which one is which, especially if they're similar in size?

Even more curious, if I'm logged into only the Families account and do an export, it's a different size than either of the files that result when I'm logged into both, so I can't compare it to either of the files in the first export to determine which of those was which.

1Password Version: 8.1.0-66
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• asdlklkj2
    asdlklkj2
    Community Member
    edited July 2021

Okay, disregard -- just noticed if I do the standalone export it does use the same name as one of the files I get when I export from both, so that does make it easy to determine which one is which.

So the question is why not let us pick the names of the export files? And why does the size vary if it's the same account?

I shouldn't have to do two exports (one from both, one from Families-only) to determine which file is which.

• Hey @asdlklkj2 👋

So the question is why not let us pick the names of the export files?

You can already rename your export to whatever you'd like using Windows built-in functions. Simply rename the file to whatever you'd like and you'll be set!

And why does the size vary if it's the same account?

I'm not sure I'm following here. When you're exporting the same account multiple times (with nothing being added to the account(s) between the exports) the ultimate file-size of exports are different? I attempted to reproduce this myself, and wasn't able to find similar results.

This discussion has been closed.