Connect API in AWS Fargate

timmoses
timmoses
Community Member

I would like to run the Connect API in AWS ECS Fargate instead of AWS ECS on an EC2 host. This would make it easier to manage and allow me to start and stop the Connect API containers as needed without also managing an EC2 host machine.

From what I understand, in Fargate it is not possible to map container ports to different host ports, so if the container uses port 8080, so will the host. Both the connect-api and connect-sync containers default to port 8080, which causes a conflict.

Is it possible to set the connect-sync container to use 8081 as the container port since that is what is needed on the host? Is there another option I may be overlooking?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi timmoses,

Both containers support using a custom HTTP port by setting the OP_HTTP_PORT environment variable.

The docker hub page has some details on configuration options but the team is working on some improved documentation and examples.

• timmoses
    timmoses
    Community Member

Perfect! Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of James, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.