I can't consolidate or delete passwords so they just keep duplicating

Hi all, I'm beyond frustrated and have contacted support with no response. I keep trying to log into Website A and because 1Password has two different saved passwords I have to guess which one I use. Well neither work so I have to reset the password. Then I have 3 passwords to try the next time. It sometimes works but more than half the time it times out or locks me out now and I can't even log into Website A anymore. Then I'm forced to change the stupid password yet again. There are other sites this is happening with and I can't delete anything or even consolidate it. It's driving me up the wall because I now have several passwords to juggle which was the not the point of purchasing this app.

Has anyone else experienced this nightmare? I can't get the app to work without closing on me while trying to use it on my phone either but this is for a browser extension. What is going on? Why can't I delete the invalid passwords at all? I have a paid subscription for one person. Is this the issue? I've tried searching FAQs for duplicate passwords, deleting passwords and of course nothing comes up. Did I skip a video or something? The GUI from what I last used is very different and it's causing an issue trying to find anything. This has been a beyond frustrating experience for me and I'm just hoping someone else has dealt with this. Someone recommended this app and I liked it at first. Now it's more frustrating than the last app I used and I'm afraid I'll have to go get another password manager.

1Password Version: 2.0.4
Extension Version: Chrome
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ann_Adkins!

I'm beyond frustrated and have contacted support with no response.

We can check this for you. When you say that you contacted support, was it via email? Did you receive a ticket number?

Why can't I delete the invalid passwords at all?

You can remove invalid passwords anytime :+1: Do these show up as separate Password items for you, or do you have multiple passwords inside a single Login item?

I have a paid subscription for one person. Is this the issue?

The subscription type you have is not the issue here :+1:

I've tried searching FAQs for duplicate passwords, deleting passwords and of course nothing comes up. Did I skip a video or something?

This is the documentation page about changing passwords using the browser extension:

Use the password generator to change and strengthen your passwords

Is this the process you are following?

About deleting items instead, if you are using the browser extension you can follow these instructions:

Archive and delete items

This discussion has been closed.