Microsoft 365 MFA Autofill

Options

Hello,

I'm not sure about anyone else but logging into Microsoft 365 with OTP Codes is hit and miss all the time with 1password. Not sure why it works sometimes and other times it does not. Is anyone else having this issue? It happens in Chrome or Edge.

Thanks,

Jason

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.4
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Microsoft 365

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ITSourcePro!

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "it works sometimes and other times it does not"? What happens exactly when it does not work? Is the MFA code rejected by the website, is it not filled at all, or something else?

• ITSourcePro
    ITSourcePro
    Community Member
    Options

The MFA code never get populated in the field over half the time. If it does work, the code always works. I wish there were a way i could record a video of it.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ITSourcePro ,
    There are many ways to record videos of your screen, but it would be more helpful if you can grab the page's structure for us when the issue occurs:

1. When 1Password fails to autofill your 2FA code, stay on the page.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser.
    3. Select "Help" -> "Collect Page Structure".
    4. Send the page's structure to us via email to support+x@1password.com with a short description and a link to this discussion here.

Another thing to notice is if the issue occurs when Microsoft's login page is in English or in another language - that might affect autofilling.
    Keep us posted.

• ITSourcePro
    ITSourcePro
    Community Member
    Options

I emailed you all 3 Page structures at every step of the login process. I also sent over screen shot steps, if that would help as well.

Just to note, on the password screen if I select the same login from the autofill menu again, it does in fact autofill the MFA password. It’s like 1Password doesn’t hold the autofill to the 3rd page.

Let me know if you need anything else.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you!

• ITSourcePro
    ITSourcePro
    Community Member
    Options

For anyone who finds this thread, the developers are now aware of the behavior we are seeing and will work on a solution.

The current solution is to select the account in 1Password twice, once at the email field, then again at the password field, then it will automatically fill the MFA code. The other option would be to allow 1Password to fill both the email and password then on the MFA screen search 1Password again via the icon in the upper right of the browser window and hit autofill to get the MFA code filled in.

Thanks to the support staff, if anyone from the dev teams needs more info just let us know.

Thanks,

Jason

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @ITSourcePro, and for your willingness to help us troubleshoot this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.