"Save New Login" does not work

In Settings, I disabled "detect new login automatically" because of some issues with too many 1pwd popup windows. But now I cannot create a new login: I click the 1pwd browser icon, then "Settings" (the wheel on the very bottom), then "Save New Login" but nothing happens. Is this for a different functionality?

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @thinkstorm

When you're attempting to save a new Login from your browser, are you on the site where you wish to save a login? Have you manually entered the credentials into the site that you wish to save?

• thinkstorm
    thinkstorm
    Community Member

I think it's a user (me!) error: I go to a website, log out, go back to log in, start typing my username, Firefox finds the saved username in Firefox, I select the saved username, Firefox adds the saved password, I click Login. After I'm logged in, I click the "Save New Login" in 1pwd. Nothing happens.

Now that I'm thinking through this, I should probably click the "Save New Login" when I'm in on the login dialog page, right?! D'oh. Perhaps a dialog from 1pwd saying "cannot find any login form" or something like it would have pointed me to the solution quicker :) Live and learn ...

Thank you, @ag_chantelle !!!

• @thinkstorm

Your synopsis is right on the money! 1Password attempts to detect the login form and entered credentials to accurately save the Login item. If you're already signed in, it won't know what to save. If you're feeling adventurous, I would like to suggest giving our newer version of 1Password for your browser a try. The option to Save in 1Password is presented when you manually fill your credentials. If you're open to giving it a try, you can learn more about it here:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

If you have any questions or if there's anything else we can do to help, please let me know! :)

• thinkstorm
    thinkstorm
    Community Member

ha! "adventurous" is my middle name! (hehe, no, I'm German, I like municipality bonds and Bausparvertrag). I'll give it a try! Thank you, @ag_chantelle !

• @thinkstorm

As Disney once said; "Adventure is out there!". :) Let us know if you have any trouble or need guidance with getting stated. We'll be happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.