Cant get 1P to sign into my google account w my password.

Options
blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member
edited July 2021 in iOS

Why wont google accept my password stored in 1p? Using both a ipad and an iphone

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

1P enters the username or mailbox name correctly. 1P then calls up the password window to enter the password stored into 1P. I press the 1P item for the mailbox/username password. The google password box opens blank. Why won't 1P enter the password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @blackxacto!

I have just tested the Google website on my iOS device and 1Password was able to fill both username and password. What version of the 1Password app are you running on your device, and what browser is this happening with?

By the way, I moved your discussion from the Mac section of the forum, where you originally posted it, to the iOS section, since you mentioned using iPhones and iPads :+1:

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Ios 14.6, 1P 7.7.6. Dont normally have any issues, but on this one password box. I have deleted duplicate 1p google items

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

1p fills in the username box, but not the password box, for this one 1p item.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know why this is happening only w my Google mailbox . I trashed all Google items in 1P and added them back, filling in the passwords as I went. Only using 1P for passwords. Safari passwords is turned off. And yet, when I enter Google Mailbox at any time, 1P leaves the password box with dots (unfilled). I'll keep at it. Weird it's just this Google mailbox.

• Dave_1P
    edited July 2021
    Options

@blackxacto

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble filling your password into the Google login form. Can you clarify if this happening in Safari on your iPhone/iPad? Or is the issue happening in another browser or in one of the Google apps? Any more details that you can provide to help me try to reproduce the issue would be useful.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member
    Options

Dave, thanks for writing. I don't know what I did to correct the situation. I trashed any google info in 1P, I'm not using Safari Passwords. I then changed my passwords for each of my 3 google mail accounts, Then one by one added them back to 1P. For whatever reason 1P is now adding the password as expected. Oh, well.

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.