Sync failed, export deleted all passwords

chris_bryant
chris_bryant
Community Member

Tried to sync with WLAN and it failed, so i decided to export the passwords to be able to import them back into windows. Upon export all passwords were deleted and no .1pif or .csv file was generated, just a .js file.

Now that all my passwords are deleted and I just finished changing 20 to 30 of them, how do I get them back. As now I can't log into to any of the websites that I've changed (you need the old password!!)

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android/Windows
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hey @chris_bryant, thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry your passwords were deleted upon exporting.

Could you clarify whether you exported your data using your Windows or Android device?

• chris_bryant
    chris_bryant
    Community Member

I was exporting using Android device

• Hey @chris_bryant, thank you for the confirmation.

Exporting from 1Password for Android should result in a 1Password.opvault file, not a .js file. Could you explain how you exported your data?

Also, if you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, then there should be automatic backups. If you go to Backup > Restore vault from backup, you should be able to get the latest backup back.

• chris_bryant
    chris_bryant
    Community Member

The app did create a 1Password.opvault, but it was empty. On Android I went through the following steps
    1. Enter valut password
    2. Click settings
    3. Goto Advanced
    4. Click Export Primary Vault

The App never said anything until it was done and gave me a path on my Android device. Went to that location and all i found was the .js file.
    /MyFiles/1PasswordExports/1Password 2021-07-13-16_10_49/1Password.opvault/default/profile.js

I copied that directory over to windows, And when i tried to open the .opvault on the windows platform it came up with no passwords, credit cards, notes etc.

• Hey @chris_bryant, thank you for the additional details. Were you able to follow my previous instructions to restore your vault from backup using your Windows device?

This discussion has been closed.