Why did I receive this from 1P?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/51310818494/in/dateposted-public/

I don't have Chrome on my iMac. I searched. There is no Chrome on my iMac. I don't remember downloading it either. So I immediately changed my Master password to 1P. Has anyone seen this before?

1Password Version: 7.8.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.4
Sync Type: 1p

Comments

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@blackxacto

What version fo the extension are you using? Other browser built on the Chromium substrate may appear as Chrome. What browser are you using?

• Safari Version 14.1.1 (16611.2.7.1.4), I used to be able to find the 1P extension # for the version, but I can't find it any longer. Where has it moved in MacOS 11.4?

• I found something called com.agilebits.onepassword7.1PasswordSafriAppExtension, buried in Private/var/folders/d_/ps95x...0000gn/T/com.agilebits.onepassword7.1PasswordSafariAppExtension. Is this where Safari Xtensions are kept now? in 11.4?

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@blackxacto,

Safari extensions aren't installed as a separate thing anymore. it only exists inside the 1Password application's bundle. The partial path you've quoted looks like it could be a cache path or your 1Password.app has been translocated, its hard to tell due to the portion of the path that is truncated in the middle with the …

• Still don't know how I received a chrome report from 1P as I haven't installed Chrome lately, nor is it in my iMac.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@blackxacto Do you have any other Chromium-based web browsers installed? For example, when I added the 1Password extension to Brave, I got this same email, because Brave uses the Chromium engine.

Ben

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Alternatively, did you possibly install the 1Password Safari extension from the Mac App Store? One of our developers noted that particular install erroneously is reported as Chrome.

Ben

• I recently installed Brave extension. That's probably the cause. Thank you, Ben.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome. Brave is Chromium based. That is very likely the cause.

• BagginsBaggins Junior Member

Google is just trying to help you correct your error (forgetting to install Chrome)
    Get a Google Nest Hub 7” Smart Display, a Google Chromecast with Google TV, and an Android phone - then Google will stop "bugging" you and you will have the deep peace of mind that only comes with total surveillance.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Baggins:

In this specific case, I think the reason is that Brave uses the Chrome engine behind the scenes :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file