Works on first generation Apple Watch?

yt28
yt28
Community Member

The system requirements page says the minimum supported version is watchOS4. My first generation Apple Watch (MJ2T2J/A) is on watchOS 4.3.2 (15U70) -- 1Password is available in the menu, but doesn't run when pressed.

Has anyone got the same antique watch and made it work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: watchOS 4.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @yt28

The system requirements page says Unlock for Apple Watch uses watchOS 6.0+ for unlocking. Are you looking to unlock or data storage on the watch? It sounds like data but I want to make sure we are on the same path.

• yt28
    yt28
    Community Member

Yes. Would like to use it just for data.

• @yt28

You have me at a bit of a disadvantage as far as troubleshooting goes. I do not have any of my early devices. They were recycled by Apple. I would try some of the basics.

Turn the Watch off and on. Same for the Phone. Can you also explain more about what you mean when you say it will not run? Does the app open? Are you presented with the screen telling you to add items or about a passcode?

• yt28
    yt28
    Community Member

Hi, I've tried few things in the past few days, including clearing and pairing the watch a few times. Now the 1Password app is still being installed, showing a greyed out icon on the watch face and a spinning circle on iPhone's Watch app for the past 12 hours or so.

Other apps that existed on the watch before can't seem to be installed either. They all show spinning circles when I push the Install button on iPhone. The watch may just be too old to handle the latest apps. I'll give it a few days keeping the phone and watch close to each other to see if any of the apps would install and let you know. Thanks!

• If it's occurring with multiple apps it may indeed be a watch issue. Thank you keeping us in the loop.

This discussion has been closed.