Odd Behavior on iPad - multiple

Options
jmassengale
jmassengale
Community Member

For quite a while, I was using my wife's iPad Pro. Now I am back to using my iPad Pro 12.9 inch 3rd Generation.

The vault is my Primary Vault, synced. The Secret Key is the same on my iPad as my other devices.

My iPad settings are set to AutoFill 1Password, NOT iCloud Keychain.

The problems:

1. The password for the 1Password App on the iPad is different than the password on my other devices (which all have the same password). I didn't think that was possible. Should I delete the iPad app and install a new one? If so, at that point, I always get confused about the different options stemming from downloading from the Mac App store, downloading from 1Password, etc. There's always been a difference between the Mac versions and the other versions that can be confusing for the Mac version users.
  2. I got a notice this morning from Apple Password on my iPad that my Google password had "appeared in a data leak." I changed the password on my iPad. More than 10 minutes later, the new password has NOT synced to 1Password on other devices.
  3. When I checked in 1Password on my laptop, its check did not reveal a problem with my old password for Google. Does this surprise you that Apple and Agilebits don't agree?

Last but not least, I have the free writer's version of 1Password (thank you). My subscription always shows as "Trial Mode," even though it is permanent.

1Password Version: 7.7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Odd Behavior - Related

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2021
    Options

@jmassengale

The issue would appear to be the Primary vault. It is not part of your membership. You indicated that you used iCloud for syncing. 1Password.com memberships do not use iCloud for syncing.

Here's how to sort things and get all of your data into your membership.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit.

2. If needed, add your account to the device. * It may already be present. How to add your 1Password account to the apps

3. If needed copy any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up-to-date information in your Personal vault. * You may need to do this on each device.

4. Remove the Primary vault. * You will need to do this on each device. Be sure to complete step two on any devices you have.

In the end, there should be no Primary vault on your devices. That should clear up any syncing issues.

• jmassengale
    jmassengale
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• The Google password problem was because I had ONE password saved in the Apple Password system. A very old one that hasn't been valid for years. I thought I had deletedall passwords in Apple Password.
    • The iPad 1Password problem was because there was some confusion when Agilebits gave me a free journalist account. As a result of that I had my Personal Vault on the iPad and a "Primary" Vault hanging around until it was clear the new account would work. The Primary vault was only on my iPad, and it is now gone.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the updates @jmassengale!

This discussion has been closed.